The execution is like the fatalities in Mortal Kombat, except you have to use Z/L, R and Start as the buttons instead normal punches or kicks to execute them, as well directional buttons only. When you get rid of the opponents two health bars, he/she will fall to their knees. You have the option of simply hitting them, causing your character to do one of two victory animations, or you can use a claytality by pressing the right combination. After the silly sequence, you will hear Michael Buffer yell "Claytality!"
Every clayfighter in the game have their own claytalities, but there're common claytalities for all the characters, having at least a couple of them:
- Knock Off the Island: The clayfighter makes a move (usually an uppercut or a high kick) that makes the enemy fly out of the island, ending to splat into the TV screen.
- Cut in half: Basically the same kind of move from the first two games, but instead to get back to the body, the upper half flies far from the body, with the lower half in its place.
- Squish: The clayfighter hits the enemy so hard that he/she get splatted on the ground, or the clayfighter summons an external heavy stuff to get the enemy splatted. Also, like "cut in half", there're some moves that can squishes the enemy but then he/she can be back to normal, like in the first two games.
- Squeeze: A grab so strong that left the enemy with a thin body and usually an inflated head as result.
- High Five in ClayFighter: Sculptor's Cut is the only clayfighter in the game that has no claytalities. This is because he was left unfinished for the final release.
- Three Claytalities featured in the original ClayFighter 63 1/3 game were cut for the Sculptor's Cut version: Blob's Ear Bite, Boogerman's Toilet Drop and Houngan's Vanish. A variation of Sumo Santa's "Sumo Squish" Claytality was added to Sculptor's Cut where the opponent is squished but does not fly off the island.
- In the fighting game engine M.U.G.E.N, some characters from the first two games received claytalities in their adaptations. Also, the author Basara-kun made a common animation for the "on the knees" pose, known as the "Pre-Claytality" animation.
- Bonker, Boogerman and Earthworm Jim are the only characters that received two versions of the same claytality, Bonker has Knock Off the Island and Boogerman and Earthworm Jim have the Squish.
- Blob is the clayfighter who has more claytalities in the game with 7, followed for Boogerman with 6, and Earthworm Jim and Bad Mr. Frosty with 5. In the other extreme, Ickybod Clay, T-Hoppy and Sumo Santa only have 2 claytalities (the latter gaining a new one on SC).
- Rumours said, and recently this ad confirmed, that claytalities were originally thought for C2: Judgement Clay, but left out by schedule. However, the idea was used anyway for 63 1/3 and Sculptor's Cut.